Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Is Difference Between Mino Or Ultra

Started 1 month and a few Crushed

So friends, so it's almost time now. On Thursday we start with my therapy. How did I mention I was last week Friday for the second time in Ruit. The date was set without consultation with the doctor so I could directly in the CT department. I really did not know what will happen to me, only that I again a CT should be given and this treatment mask would be made. The X-ray assistants told me that they first want to make the mask, and after the CT images are made. What I did not know was that the whole thing should go with a mask of Equip. More below.
The mask itself is a bit scary. For their production is initially placed about 60 to 60 cm plate in warm water to make them more pliable. It consists of a plaster-like plastic material, which is crisscrossed like a net with holes. I had to lie on the CT-in and got the now deformable plate on his face. It just felt warm and very unusual. The X-ray assistants then have immediately begun to model the plate close to my face. Since I suffer with slight claustrophobia, this was for me, even unpleasant process. Especially the mask solidifies after a short time and heightens the feeling of "his mercy". In addition, they will, as you can see in the image below, attached to a device on the head, making head movements finally impossible. The whole thing is, as already mentioned, to the fact that the rays arrive even where they are. The mask was cured after about 10 minutes. I lay on the bare and saw that the ceiling of the room, a laser is started, the scans my torso and head area. At regular intervals stopped this laser and the assistants began with markers markers to paint on the mask.


Finally, I was still in the middle of my chest a bar that serves as a guide, where the mask has to be set. I can not wash off this line to the end of therapy and therefore also got a waterproof plaster on it. Finally, I
was driven over the bare into the CT machine. I did not think it would happen to mask. I felt very uncomfortable in the situation because they had cut free me neither nose nor mouth and I got so bad air. also hardened the mask yet and I had felt Trouble swallowing. Maybe I've improved a bit in there - yet I find it hard to stay in such situations calmly. I'm just trying my best to concentrate on my breathing. Afterwards I thought that for such situations, it is really recommended if you have some experience in autogenous training and progressive muscle relaxation. Therefore, I've started since then to prepare myself every day about 15 minutes breathing exercises in this type of stress. I think that helps to reduce some anxiety and panic attacks reduced, I notice that brings me a lot.
The actual treatment took, but fortunately only a few minutes and it was ich schließlich von der Maske erlöst. Ich sah es als wichtig für mich an, meine Empfindungen zu erwähnen und die Assistentinnen versprachen mir, die Maske im Mund und Nasenbereich auszuschneiden. Darüber war ich wirklich sehr froh.


Zum Schluß wurde ich noch über den weiteren Verlauf informiert und lernte einen der Physiker kennen, die zusammen mit den Radioonkologen die Einstellungen für die Bestrahlung vornehmen. War wirklich ein netter Mann, der mir einige Ängste nehmen konnte. Am Donnerstag gehts dann also los. Zum Reinkommen erst mal 2 Tage und dann ab nächster Woche Vollgas. Ich kanns irgendwie kaum erwarten gesund zu werden ;-)
Wie es mir ergangen ist und was genau dabei abgelaufen ist erfahrt Ihr die kommenden Tage. Ich hoffe Euch gehts soweit gut.


Auf diesem letzten Bild seht Ihr übrigends, wie ein solches Strahlengerät aussieht. Der Strahlenkopf ist über einen Arm in Kreisrichtung schwenkbar und fährt so für die einzelnen Einstrahlungswinkel um die betroffene Region. In diesem Fall, wie bei mir, um den Kopf.
bis die Tage, machts jut!!
Lg Felix

0 comments:

Post a Comment