Monday, March 30, 2009

Millenium Milena Velba

Just before half-time just

Hi, Now I'm
just before the end of the therapy - in brief and I just thought that it is now time again for you is to find out about my current condition. Fortunately, I can tell you that I continue doing well and I am still in good physical condition. My pain and inflammation in the mouth and throat had been rising significantly, but bear in any case. Especially my right back inside is severely inflamed and occasionally covered with a white film. According to doctor but nothing extraordinary, with a mouthwash from the chemist's good to get a grip. Against my throat I lick my sage regular candy, the good service to me. Unfortunately, yesterday I noticed that I also some hair loss slowly. Luckily I have a lot of hair mega cheer Kop and so you can see it only if I push the hairs slightly to one side. Commendable is that they fail me only in the irradiated region, ie in the right neck area. Have you made malne photo of it, where your can see it a bit.





Also, my skin reacts slowly. It is mainly after radiation red-stained and my mum told me that even the radiation field is visible. So I'm in the mirror difficult to detect, have won just tried to capture the whole picture in nem:



The last treatments proceeded as far in the frame. Last Wednesday I had a short contact with the chief doctor who looked after me and inquired about my health. He asked me if I would feel the change by pressing him and I said yes, because the lymph nodes really clear decrease in their size - a good sign that the therapy is successful strikes. I inquired about the CT-photos that were taken on Monday and was told that these are not for control but only the further planning of the irradiation. Especially in the neck it is through the confusing mixture of tissues, muscles and glands important to plan accurate, are to arrive where the rays. I think that the irradiation von oben nach unten gemacht wird, da ich nach den letzten Behandlungen vor allem Hautreaktionen im Gesichts- und oberen Halsbereich hatte.
Bis auf einige technischen Probleme lief alles reibungslos. Am Freitag mußte ich leider über eine Std. warten, bis ich meine Dosis bekam. Mir wurde erklärt, dass wie bei meinem ersten Termin das Gerät ausgefallen sei. Jetzt verstehe ich auch den Unmut derer, die in teilweise schlimmen körperlichen Zuständen auf einem recht unbequemen Stuhl ausharren müssen, um sich als einer von vielen, den täglichen "Schuss" abholen müssen. Da kann das Warten schon zur Qual werden.
Meine Angst habe ich mit meinen Strategien gut in den Griff bekommen und so konnte ich hinter jeden überstandenem Termin in meinem Planer mein wohl-verdientes "erledigt-Häkchen" setzen. Bin wirklich froh darum, dass ich es ohne Spritzen aushalte. Eine der Schwestern hat deswegen auch gelobt und mir gebeichtet, dass sie nach meiner ersten Behandlung nicht gedacht hätte, dass ich es ohne Beruhigungsmittel schaffe. Ist halt doch alles eine Sache der Überwindung und Auslegung. Man findet trotz scheinbar unüberwindbarer Hürden immer einen Weg zum Ziel.
Jetzt sind es noch 2 Behandlungen und dann ist hoffentlich erst mal Feierabend. Ich erfuhr heute, dass nach meiner letzten Sitzung ein Abschlußgespräch stattfinden wird, bei dem der Therapieverlauf überprüft wird und man entscheidet, wie es weiter gehen soll. Ich gehe davon aus, dass nochmals CT scans, and another ultrasound at my oncologist queue to be pretty sure that all lymph nodes have been caught. After that, then hopefully the cancer chapter for me finished for now. 'm Really getting sick of doing nothing and looking forward to new challenges ahead.
I hope you, it goes well so far. Enjoy the upcoming spring weekend and leave it fairly loose (whatever ;-)) Lg
and ne big hug to all my loyal readers ...
Felix
Oh, almost forgot my ego would have, here also an original image from my treatment. Unfortunately, it does not make the nurse take a picture of the page. I would like for my last 2 appointments try to catch up. Nevertheless, you can mask with tape markings clearly visible. You can enlarge the pictures by the way, by simply clicking your .. Machts juuuut!

0 comments:

Post a Comment